What am I Designing?



This week i've been figuring out what it is I actually want to design. I know I want to design a workshop, where parents are the facilitates and are there to lend a helping hand to the emerging adults. Every couple of weeks there will be a different topic, eg. taxes, car maintenance, budgeting etc. I now needed to work out the before and afters surrounding this workshop.

Touchpoint 1 - social media

At this stage i'm thinking i'll  design a few examples of how some Instagram ads might look. These will be witty and relatable one liners to initially engage the audience.

Touchpoint 2 - App

An app will be used to register for workshops, download resources and will contain information about each workshop.

Touchpoint 3 - #Adulting Workshop

Workshops every two weeks at Massey. Participants will sign up for workshops useful to their needs and come come and go when they please. They're relaxed and chill and a space to engage with the facillitators and each other about the topic. 

Touchpoint 4 - Adults only Scrapbook

There will be resources availbale at the workshop for the participants to collect and use during and after the workshop. They can add their own notes and whatever they think is useful. These can then be added to their scrapbook to keep all their resources together.




During class I came to the realisation I actually need to prototype a workshop to see what works and what doesn't. I was hoping I wouldnt need to cause that makes me a tad nervous but it is definitely needed in order to move this project forward.

Comments

Popular Posts